March 12, 2010

Growing








So, I've decided to get better about my updates. :) I think it would be really neat to have a sort of "journal" for our family to look back at. We'll see how long this lasts. Having two babies makes every little bit of time to myself extremely precious!!

God has really been doing a great work in our lives lately, and it's been an awesome experience to go through. Logan and I have been reading together a lot and putting a lot of effort into the things that matter. We know that our marriage is the foundation for our family, so we've really put a lot into making it the best that it can be. It's been so awesome to watch God work in our hearts and our lives and show us what He desires our marriage to look like. He has truly blessed me with a wonderful man. I have to say that Logan is the type of husband that a girl dreams about loving for all of her life, and for some reason God picked me to be his wife. So, I might as well do everything I can to show Him how thankful I am for such a wonderful gift!!

I've joined a group called "Mom-to-Mom". It meets every Wednesday morning at the Baptist church in New Braunfels (yes, I said Baptist). It's really been a wonderful break for me and it has allowed me to grow a lot in my relationship with God, Logan, and my children. It's helped me to get on a track of making God the center of our lives, and it's made life so good! I want my kids to know God and I want them to grow up in a godly home that is full of love, joy, and forgiveness. So, that's where my focus is every day.

Carley is going to be 2 next month. I can't believe it! I'm so loving this age. She is growing into her own person and definitely making us work hard, but she is showing us how truly sweet and loving she is. She's so much fun and loves to just laugh and sing all the time. I've never seen a little girl sing as much as she does. She loves "Row, row, row" "Jesus loves me" "Twinkle Twinkle" "ABC's".....you name it, she can sing it! She also loves "All the single ladies"! I can't tell you how much joy she brings into our home. She is the cause of many frustrations (did I mention she's almost 2???), but she brings so much laughter into our house, and she's teaching me PATIENCE. :)

Joshua is 5 1/2 months now. He is growing, growing, growing! He grew 3 inches in the last 6 weeks!!! Yay!! He's a pretty chilled little guy. He just likes to sit there and smile. He has such a sweet smile, it can melt anyone's heart. He also has one of the most pathetic little cry's I've ever heard. It's not very manly, so we're working on that. ;) He loves his big sister. He watches everything she does. I love watching them love on each other, it's one of the most precious things. We're working on his sleeping habits, which are the cause of some more frustrations, as well as his serious tummy aches. Other than that, I believe we have a sweet, happy, laid back little boy on our hands.

Logan is working a lot, but we anticipate his arrival at home every day. He's the best part to the end of the day. :) Carley runs for the door squealing and smiling when he turns the key. He's a great help with both of the kids, even after a long day at work. They really love their daddy.

I'm posting pictures from our adventure at the park yesterday and their bath last night. I took the kids for a picnic and to feed the ducks. It was almost a complete disaster....both kids took turns crying, Carley kept getting uncomfortably close to the water, she fell in mud, Joshua was hungry.....on and on and on. Eventually Joshua was fed and fell asleep and Carley was able to run around and have some freedom, so it turned out to be a positive experience. Do these kids require patience, or what??? Good thing they're completely worth all of the effort required. :)

This has become my favorite verse in the past few weeks, and I wanted to share. Colossians 2:2-3 "My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge."

1 comment:

  1. Great post Cindi! Thanks for the update...I need to do one too...long overdue! It sounds like things are wonderful, and I am so proud of you and Logan for realizing the need to work on your marriage continually. Marriage is a gift from God, but it is something that requires work and attention. Love you both, and your two perfect kiddos! :) Oh, and I can't wait to see you Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete

Learn more about sponsoring a child.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a stay at home mom and I'm very thankful that I'm able to have that opportunity. My husband is a loving/caring/handsome/hardworking man and we have a beautiful little girl and a sweet baby boy. Life is wonderful and God continues to bless us.