September 28, 2011

Joshua is 2!


My little bud turned two today...

I don't know why it makes me sad to say that, but it does. When I found out I was pregnant with this sweet child of mine, I was not happy. No lie. I was so upset! And when he was born he was so beautiful and I just fell in love with him but, the first year was hard. I mean, really hard. And now, I sit here and think about the last two years of my life (and really the last three and a half years that I've been a parent) and I think "Wow! What an incredible blessing to be on this journey of parenthood!" To experience the gift of finding out you're pregnant and have that life grow inside of you and then to meet that baby for the first time. To watch them grow and become and to see God at work in these little lives, and to see how He works in me and grows me during this time. What an awesome gift! It's such a huge responsibility, and it takes so much out of me, but the reward is so great.


Anyway, the real meaning of this post is to give a glimpse into the life of this sweet little guy that's been placed in my care. So, here it goes.

He's big. About 33 pounds big...maybe more. He wears pants/shirts made for three year olds, shoes and socks made for four year olds, and if he has to be carried it's usually on his Daddy's shoulders (which is not a bad spot to be). He loves to sing, especially the song "Deep and Wide". He loves to play the guitar...it's the first thing he grabs when we go over to the Stokely's house. He loves Carley. Yes, he fights with her, but he always wants to know where she is and what she's doing. He loves to eat....all the wrong things: french fries, pizza, cupcakes (cu-cakes), ice cream, cookies, you get the idea. He loves horsies, especially Didi and Pop's horsies. He loves his "Kiki" and his doggie. He sleeps with them every night and drags them around the house during the day. He loves hunting deer in our living room and shooting his bow with Daddy. He loves his Daddy. I'd say he loves him more than he loves me. Don't worry, my feelings aren't hurt. :) I'm pretty grateful that he feels that way.


So, that's our Joshua. We gave him the name Joshua Daniel for a reason, and I always pray that God makes him strong and courageous like the men in the Bible, like the wonderful men he's named after, and like his daddy.

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9


Happy Birthday Joshua! You are such a gift and you are so loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn more about sponsoring a child.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a stay at home mom and I'm very thankful that I'm able to have that opportunity. My husband is a loving/caring/handsome/hardworking man and we have a beautiful little girl and a sweet baby boy. Life is wonderful and God continues to bless us.